Call for Papers: Scottish Sport and the Arts
Presented by the Scottish National Portrait Gallery and the British Society of Sports History, Scottish Network
Scottish National Portrait Gallery, Edinburgh Friday, 28 August 2015
To mark the ongoing exhibition at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery: Playing for Scotland: The Making of Modern Sport, we are teaming up to present a one-day conference on Scottish sport’s historic and contemporary relationship with the arts, broadly defined. Suggested papers topics might include (but are not limited to):
• The painting of Scottish sport and sportspeople
• Scottish sport and cinema
• Scottish sport and literature
• Scottish sport and photography
• Scottish sport and statuary
• Scottish sport, cartoons, and comics
• Scottish sport, plays, and performance art
Abstracts should be no longer than 200 words, and should be sent by Friday, 29 May to both Imogen Gibbon (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Matthew McDowell (email@example.com). Any queries should also be sent to Imogen or Matthew.
Please forward this to any of your colleagues and postgraduate students who may find this of interest.